Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Thankful Halloween, Spiritual Warfare & Some Randomness

So this post is going to be a little loaded with different things becasue I have had at least 2 post floating in my head for a couple of weeks and haven't gotten them down! So just bare with me!

Well I know we are a little past Halloween,  but I have to talk about my Halloween this year because it was a little different for me. I have always liked Halloween...the fun of seeing how creative I can be with costumes, seeing my Whos get excited to pretend to be something besides themselves, and the creative decorations we see trick-or-treating! But this Halloween REALLY broke my heart and made me VERY thankful for what I have and my precious family! I had a sweet child at school who was going through an awful situation with his family who I had to say goodbye to Halloween afternoon and that might have been the hardest thing I have had to do in my teaching career so far! I had another precious child at church who was struggling with wanting something she was told she couldn't have. Both situations BROKE my heart and made me realize just how much me and sweet Whos really have and how much we take for granted!! Thank you Lord for using such a holiday to teach me a valuable lesson!

Another topic that has been very prevalent in my life recently is SPIRITUAL WARFARE. In Ephesians chapter 6:11-13 God gives us this word 

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

I feel like as I strive to get closer to God in my studies and in prayer life I becom e more and more aware of all the bad things going on around me. From families struggling with illnesses,  deaths, finances to the battles my friends discuss with me that they are facing, and the battles I am fighting daily. It is so easy to question the Lord and His presence but it is so important to stay close in our relationship with him and to put on our armor daily!

Now for my randomness! I found some time to write this post while we are driving to Jacksonville for another ball tournament.  Excited to see my Who girl play some more ball. Hoping she and the rest of the girls do great! I am missing my Tanner Who...he left yesterday to go to Atlanta with Nana and Grandpa. I can't wait to see him and hear all about his fun trip. He was so excited about going! Well I am done for now! Here are some Halloween pictures.  I am praying for blessings to you my friends!  Oh yeah...i forgot we got to go to the UGA vs. Fla. Game again and had a great time with Daddy & Shelly!

(Sorry for any typos...Mr. Who is rushing me to get off! Haha love ya babe!)

1 comment: