Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Rough Start...but Getting Better!

Wow! What a start to our Thanksgiving break (and I don't mean a good one). We didn't make it to school Friday because Karlee Who was sick. Took her to the doctor to find out she has strep throat!  My poor girl was struggling eating her throat was so sore. But...staying home let me get some housework done AND I got to pick Tanner Who up from his school for the first time! (I could so be a Stay-At-Home-Mom....but thankfully I do LOVE my job). He was so cute in his pilgrim hat and hand-print turkey vest. I got to make his class some cute turkey cupcakes for their party (thanks to Pinterest for some easy inspiration)!

Then it got better (defintely some sarcasm)...I was putting away my folded laundry (it had been waiting on me all week) when I heard my Baby Who screaming. As I am running in his direction I hear Karlee say "ooohhhh MOMMY!!" So I knew what I was going to find wasn't going to be good! I ran into my room to find Easton laying on the floor with blood pooring from his forehead!  My sensitive Tanner Who (who might have pushed him down into the corner of my dresser in his hot pursuit of his sister with his nerf gun) kept saying "Mommy I am sorry,  I didn't mean to!" We got Aunt Beth to drive us to the ER (thankfully they weren't busy). It wasn't too bad in the end. He didn't have to get stitches just some glue which he wasn't to happy about...so I am thankful I didn't have to hold him down for stitches! That was our excitement for Friday!

Yesterday was much better (not sarcastic). I got to spend the day with my great friend Michelle and the adorably rotten Cortlyn at Christmas in the South (our annual girl day). We had a great time catching up with each other and SHOPPING! Oh AND of course we ate...Cilantros on Bay St. for an early supper/late lunch THEN cupcakes from Mabel's. We split 6 between us so we could sample a variety of flavors...They were DELICIOUS!!

Now, as I write this post we are on the way to pick our nephews Dawson and Grayson! They are coming to stay with us while Daddy gets taken care of in Birmingham,  Alabama. Please keep Amy and Rey and the boys in your prayers as they go through this difficult time! So for this week (until Wednesday night) we will be the Horton Who's plus 2! (I have been waiting all post to write that) Haha

Well I hope ya'll have a GREAT Sunday and hear the word of God preached somewhere this morning. If you don't have a place to go you can always visit us at Pineora Baptist Church...we would live to have you! If I don't get to post before Thursday...I pray that each one of you has a blessed Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful for what you have because there are SO many around who are in much worse situations!

No comments:

Post a Comment